Terms and Conditions
a. You may have other rights granted by law including your statutory rights as a consumer, and these Terms do not affect those rights.
b. No binding contract will exist between us until we have accepted your order. Except as described in paragraph 11.1 below, you may not cancel any order which has been accepted by us.
c. All goods are sold subject to availability.
d. These Terms supersede all previous verbal or written statements and agreements relating to the goods and/or services. All information contained in our sales literature or correspondence is provided for guidance only and does not form part of this contract unless we agree otherwise with you in writing.
e. None of our representatives, agents or salespersons have authority to vary, amend or waive any of these Terms on our behalf and no amendment or addition to any of these Terms shall be deemed to have been accepted unless we agree otherwise with you in writing.
f. HSBE Limited (Company No: 04959879 VAT No: 843579004) whose registered office is at Unit 110 Lakes Innovation Centre, Lakes Road, Braintree, Essex, CM7 3AN trades under the name www.discountedsunglasses.co.uk.
g. Copyright 15 September 2014, www.discountedsunglasses.co.uk. HSBE Limited.
2. Description of Goods and Services
a. A description of the goods is set out on our website and any other documents referred to on our website. Whilst we will attempt to ensure that there are no changes to the goods to be supplied, it is possible that there might be some minor variations to the description and/or specification of the goods which arise by virtue of changes made by the manufacturers of the parts supplied which form part of the goods.
Unless agreed otherwise in writing:
a. Delivery of the goods will take place at the delivery address stated on the order form;
b. Delivery of the goods must be to a physical address (no P.O. Boxes) in the UK to allow a signature to be obtained for delivery and Royal Mail International Signed for will be used for customers outside the UK which also requires a signature
c. Delivery of the goods will take place within a maximum of 30 days.
d. Any dates specified by us for delivery of goods are intended to be an estimate and time for delivery is not guaranteed. If no dates are specified, we will endeavour to deliver within a reasonable time.
e. If for any reason (not due to our fault) you do not accept delivery of any of the goods in accordance with this paragraph then we may charge you an additional fee to cover any reasonable additional direct costs incurred by us as a result (including additional insurance, delivery, storage or similar charges).
f. Prices exclude delivery.
g. If the goods are not delivered by the courier we must launch an investigation with the courier to determine if the goods are lost, being returned sender or delivered to a neighbour/safe place. In this period we are bound by the courier's policies and procedures until we can confirm the non-delivery. We can only refund fully once we have confirmation from the courier on the final outcome. For more information on this procedure please contact our customer service team.
h. Delivery of prescription goods is applicable after the product has been glazed. For example, next day delivery chosen at the checkout will apply when we have the prescription lenses fitted to the pair. This won't be sent the next day with prescription lenses.
4. Inspection of Goods
a. Upon delivery of the goods you should carefully inspect them. If any of the goods are damaged or lost, please contact us to inform us of the problem and do not use the goods.
a. The price for the goods will be the price stated on our website.
b. The price for the goods includes any value added tax payable.
c. As of 1/1/2021 VAT discounts will apply to orders to countries outside of the UK and the EU. This is to remove any value-added tax that we apply to our prices as mentioned in point 5b. This discount is to remove the UK VAT that customers outside of the UK are exempt from paying. We have added this discount to aid and offset any additional charges your country of residence may charge on your UK purchase. These are charges that we cannot predict or have control over. Yet, we hope by passing on the VAT savings, this will help you.
d. All taxes and duties are applied at the Checkout for customers in EU countries. You will incur no tax or duty fees at delivery. Taxes and duties change in the checkout in accordance with your domestic rates.
Note: The 20% VAT refund applies to the cost of goods only, not to additional shipping costs, or your domestic VAT or Import charges.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
a. Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you must pay to us the price for the goods when placing your order.
b. Payments to us must be made in pounds sterling.
7. Your Rights to Cancel this Contract
1. If this contract has been made between us by correspondence (including e-mail) without any face to face contact having occurred between us, then you will have a 30 day period from the date when the order is placed in which to cancel this contract.
8. Responsibility for and Ownership of Goods
1. You will be liable for any loss or damage to the goods from the time of delivery unless such loss or damage is caused by us.
9. Resale of goods
a. Goods are sold on the condition that they are not resold to the public without our explicit permission.
10. Limitation of our liability to you
These Terms set out the rights and obligations that apply where we supply goods to you. Please read them carefully before you place your order as you will be bound by these Terms if we accept your order. If you have any queries regarding these Terms (or the order form) please raise them with us as soon as possible and in any event before you place your order. IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY READING THIS PAGE, YOU MUST CONTACT US BEFORE YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER Important - Your particular attention is drawn to this paragraph
a. Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or any breach of the statutory implied terms as to the title of goods or for fraud or any other liability which by law we are not permitted to limit or exclude.
b. Our maximum liability (and that of our employees, agents and subcontractors) to you in connection with any physical damage caused to your property through the negligence of us (or our employees, agents and subcontractors) will not in any circumstances exceed? 10,000.
c. In all other cases, our total liability (including our employees, agents and subcontractors) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) and breach of statutory duty or otherwise will not exceed the price of the goods and services to which the claim relates.
d. In no circumstances will we (or our employees, agents or subcontractors) be liable to you for any business interruption, loss of use, loss of data, loss of profits, contracts, goodwill or anticipated savings.
11. Our Responsibilities
a. We will meet our responsibilities under this contract within a reasonable time unless it is impossible for us to do this because of circumstances outside of our reasonable control. In particular, we will not be responsible for delays caused by our suppliers which include any courier service used.
12. Contract Personal to You (Your limited right to transfer the contract)
a. This contract is personal to you. Nobody other than you will be able to benefit from this contract. You may not transfer your rights or the benefit of any of the provisions of this contract to any other person without our prior written permission.
13. Our Right to Transfer the Contract
a. We may assign or subcontract the contract or any part of the contract to any person, firm or company.
14. Your Personal Data
a. We will ensure that our employees, agents and sub-contractors shall, at all times, comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to data received from you in relation to this contract and shall only process personal data received from you where necessary to fulfil our obligations under this contract.
a. A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
b. When you visit our website we no longer require any cookies to be sent to our customer so you should not encounter any cookies or prompts from your browser regarding any cookies.
a. Any communications between us regarding this contract that are required to be in writing must be sent by first class post or emailed to email@example.com. Any written communication will be treated as having been served on the person receiving it 3 working days after posting or emailing.
When ordering Prescription Lenses you are confirming that:
- You have a valid glasses prescription that was issued by a registered optician or ophthalmic medical practitioner.
- The data provided for the prescription product is represented by that on your prescription.
- You're over 18 years old.
- You are not registered blind or partially sighted.
- You have no reason as to why the prescription you are ordering would not be appropriate for you.
Prescription Lenses are a bespoke product that is created and fitted to a product specifically for you. Therefore the prescription element of your order is non-refundable. In the case of refunds and exchanges in a pair of prescription glasses or sunglasses, we will only deal with the frame and accessories of the product, not the lenses. Therefore you will not be refunded for your prescription element. The price of the prescription element will also not be added to any exchanges unless otherwise stated by ourselves.
This doesn't affect your statutory rights regarding the return of defective goods.
- The delivery option chosen at checkout only applies once the product has been glazed by our lab. Please allow time for the product to have your prescription lenses added. Once this has happened, we will ship your prescription eyewear by the delivery option you chose.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment methods. Payment is to be made to Klarna.
- Pay in  days: The payment period is 14 days from shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service. You can find the complete terms and conditions for the markets where this payment method is available here: , , , , , , , and the .
- Financing: With the financing service from Klarna you can pay your purchase in flexible or fixed monthly instalments according to the conditions stated in the checkout. The instalment payment is due at the end of each month after submission of a separate monthly invoice by Klarna. Further information regarding Slice It including terms and conditions and Standard European Consumer Credit Information you can find here for the markets where this payment method is available: , the , , , , and .
- Direct bank transfer: Available in Germany, Austria, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Poland and the Netherlands. Your account will be debited directly after placement of your order.
- Direct Debit: Your account will be debited after shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service or in case of a subscription in accordance with the timelines communicated. You will be notified about the date(s) by email.
- Card Payments: Available in Sweden, Germany and Austria. The amount will be reserved on your card and will be debited after shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service. In case of a subscription, the amount will be debited in accordance with the timelines communicated.
The payment methods Pay in  days, Slice It and direct debit are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on . Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.